Clini-RF Laboratory Freezer
Replaces liquid nitrogen freezing systems
The Clini-RF is a new type of freezer designed to rapidly freeze specimens for sectioning or processing.
It has a lower chamber which can be filled with 3M's Novec 7100, into which specimens can be immersed. 3M's Novec is the only freezing liquid that can be used due to it being non-inflammable. Alternatively, an aluminium block can be incorporated, into which a specimen holder or chuck can be fitted. The upper chamber is used as a short term storage area for specimens after they have been initially frozen in the lower chamber.
The Clini-RF eliminates the need to use potentially hazardous substances such as carbon dioxide and liquid nitrogen. In order to save power, the compressor for the lower chamber can be manually switched off when it is not required and the Clini-RF will run in a 'standby' mode with the upper chamber still running at -40ºC.
A seven day timing device is available as an optional feature to automate switching between the 'standby' and 'operational' modes. An additional optional feature is a variable temperature control for temperatures above -80ºC.
Features of the Clini-RF Laboratory Freezer
- Replaces liquid nitrogen freezing systems
- Replaces carbon dioxide freezing systems of all types
- Offers a distinct improvement in laboratory safety
- Easy to use, therefore little operator training is required
- Upper chamber available for storage at -40ºC
- Holds 3M's Novec 7100 for immersion of specimens
- Typical tissue cooling rate of 0.5ºC/s