Starlet portable cryostat
Features of the Starlet Portable Cryostat
- Small, inexpensive and portable – a battery version is available for use ‘in the field’
- Thermostatically controlled temperature in the range ambient to -30ºC with digital display
- Choice of handwheel or lever operated microtome
- Uses disposable blades and incorporates the Easi-Set anti-roll plate
- Cuts excellent sections just like a full sized cryostat
Not since cryostats were invented has there been such a small, portable yet convenient instrument. Featuring many design concepts developed from our continuous research programme, the Starlet cryostat is available in a choice of either handwheel or lever operation. In addition to standard voltages, the Starlet is available as a battery operated 12V DC version ensuring that this cryostat really is one of the most versatile possible.
The size of the Starlet makes it ideal as a back-up instrument or for use in laboratories where space is at a premium. Fully portable, it can be transported with ease from laboratory to laboratory and is a must for use in the ‘field’ – the possibilities are endless. If frozen sectioning is infrequent and a full-sized, full-priced cryostat cannot be justified, the Starlet does the job and fits any budget.
Inexpensive and reliable; the Starlet – ideal where space and funds are limited – really is unique amongst cryostats.
|2212 Starlet Brochure||application/pdf||523 KB|